Monday, December 7, 2009

Bye 2009!

The end of this year is coming fast. I am still getting used to writing "2009" for the dates. 2010 seems so strange to me, I hope I can get used to it fast.

This year has been very kind to me and my little family. My children and healthy and happy. We are all healthy and surrounded by good neighbors and friends. Our families live far but we keep them close in our thoughts.

This year had many momentous ocassions. On May 7th, 2009 I "turned American" (quoted by my 5 year old Bella). I became a naturalized U.S. citizen. It was a major accomplishment that was both a great triumph and a sad one as well, not because it meant I am no longer mexican, I will always be mexican, in fact, I am pretty sure I can be a citizen of both countries, but it was bittersweet because my sister Mari was not there to share with me this moment and the sad thing is that she is being denied this gift "permanently". I do want to say, however, that in the massive group of nations that day, I was the happiest and most grateful. People around me seemed almost somber about the whole event. I know a great many people who would love to be in their shoes and would show their enthusiasm to the world.

1 comment:

Heatherlyn said...

I think it is fantastic when a person determines that they will permanently live in a country to become a permanent citizen. Congratulations to you!!!