Monday, April 14, 2008

Wonderful Spring is starting to come to our area, I love not having to put on so many layers in order not to freeze. This weekend we had perfect weather in the mid 70's. Let's see, it was a very nice busy weekend. On Friday night we had a family date night. We took ourselves to Nampa to have dinner. We ended up going to an all you can eat chinese restarant...bad idea...the food was questionable. Zach ate an eggroll looking thing and he said and I quote "tasted like someone took a clam and squeezed all the poop out of it, maybe more like a dead rotting carcus" yummy yummy. Needless to say we will not be eating there again. Restaurants like that are enticing because you feel like you are getting a good deal for your money but really it is just an opportunity to eat like you've never seen food before. Not good for the waistline.


On Saturday I went collecting food for one of our Scout's eagle project. He had a food drive and sadly, the subdivision I worked was pretty weak on the donation, out of about 80 homes only 2 gave...it was fun getting up early and enjoying the warm weather early in the morning.


After that we took Chabelita to el circo. I call it el circo because I am pretty sure the circus came from Mexico City. It's called Circus Gatti. Everything was really nice but the clown was very unenthusiastic...by the way....clowns freak me out...they are scary to me, I dont think I have ever liked them. I wanted to take pictures at the circus but a big ol' sign at the entrance read.."no cameras, no outside food, no chairs...." Once inside a man in front of us was filming the whole show...and security people said nothing... I am glad I followed the rules though. Bella really enjoyed herself and Franklincito was excellent he seemed to enjoy the show at his baby age. Zach endulged by buying some cottoncandy, the pink kind. Bella got to ride a little donkey or pony I couldnt tell the difference. She was very brave. It was pretty funny that every 5 minutes the circus mc would plug in the products being sold thru out the center...they had light sabers, flashing light toys ($15), clown noses, coloring books, caramel apples, cotton candy....big balloons, Dora the explorer, Sponge Bob and Spider man blown up dolls...holy cow...tons of stuff.

No comments: