Thursday, April 17, 2008

Mr. Adam


Yesterday was my official bday...I have about 3 birthdays thanks to the unexcellent recordkeeping of my lovely motherland....and human forgetfulness. According to Chali, she swears that I arrived in this world on Feb 16, 1975 but my mom says I was born on the 18th of Feb. The story goes that I was registered in the city records 2 months later because mom didn't have the money when I was originally born, I guess she would have had an extra fine if she registered me late, so to save money my birth certificate says I was born in April the 16th....I am so confused!!! The cool thing is that I have a unique birthday, one thing is for sure, I was born and I am here, how's that?

Yesterday I received calls from: Danielito, Martincin, Nach, beautiful Mom and Awesome Mari and finally Adan and his wife Mari. Adan's call was specially amusing because he serenated my "birthday" with a typical mexican birthday song "las mananitas" with a wonderful vibrato, Pedro Infante style! Bravo Adan, Bravo!!! However I did receive a little chastisement from my wise brother, he said he felt left out of the brag-fest. I reassured him his turn would come soon, and soon is NOW...

ADAN....

Adan is best described as "the wind beneath my wings" well, pretending I were a bird...but in all seriousness, Adam is very very inspiring. When I lived in Salt Lake, on my own, his letters and phone calls were my edifying juice.

One of my favorite memories of this great person is when we lived in Stockton Califas, Maria and I were squawking about contacts lenses and we were pretty angry with eachother, we were yelling at the top of our voices, about to start the punches and scratches, Adan got a hold of us and gave us a really touching advice. He said, something like " you are eachother's family, no one will love you or look out for you as yourselves, if you are 'biting' eachother, expect worse from the world" something like that. Adan is:

Wise

Loving

Super good looking

Responsible

oh and an amazing amazing Artist.

I am really proud of him and his accomplishments. Good job Adam, and his has the cutest children in all of Tucson...ok all of the southwest! He's been married for 6.5 years to lovely Maria de los Angeles. That is her name, she is not from LA she is from Jalisco, like us and she is truly a cool girl!

No comments: