Thursday, December 23, 2010

Feeling Nostalgia

It's nearly midnight, tomorrow will be Christmas Eve. These last few days have been very enlightening to me. I have come in contact with a family member that has opened a small window to the many many other family members I have not met. Maybe as a kid I saw them. But, really I don't know them. They are the family of my lovely mother. I believe every person is an entire world of history. I am sure these individuals are not perfect, nevertheless, I am intrigued with the idea of me being a part of them; in other words, we come from the same people, mainly our Grandparents, Julio Paramo and Soledad Gutierrez.
Julio Paramo
Soledad Gutierrez
I saw a few pictures of some of my mom's siblings. I can see a lot of resemblance to my mom. It would be very interesting to get to know their stories. To know of their triumphs, and of the lessons they've learned in life. I believe the story of our family, of Irene's family is that of epic novel, but who knows, perhaps each one of her siblings has an equally intriguing story. The point here is that I feel like I've found a little lost treasure in finding these people. I feel like I am part of something bigger. Like I belong to a bigger group, other than just my beloved brothers and sisters and my amazing mother. Thank you Carolina Gonzales Paramo for sharing with me the family I never knew I had.
Pablo Paramo
Irene Paramo, mi madre hermosa.
Elena Paramo, a very pretty lady
Isabel Paramo: Very Kind, and Positive
Luz Paramo: que bonito nombre
Luis Paramo, el cuate de mi hermano Gustavo
Teresa Paramo, la bebe de la casa

It's important to note that there are 2 more relatives whose pictures I don't have now: Guadalupe and Carlos. The picture of my mom was taken a long time ago. I love this picture of her because she is surrounded by her flower garden, and she's wearing a flowery blouse. She's got herself a greenthumb. She loves flowers and plants. And finally I just took a shot of me, right after posting this piece. I wanted to see how I look while I'm nostalgic, and here I am....time for bed.
imagine a cloud above my head, as I think of what I just wrote, like in the comic strips..think think think think.


Aqui esta la Tia Guadalupe, que bonita sonrisa.
This is our grandmother, Soledad in her later years. I saw her when she was 72 years old. She was very sweet and gentle with us. My mom loved to pamper her. In this picture, she did her hair and put on a little bit of make-up. She even did her nails. Good memories.


No comments: