Thursday, December 9, 2010


Chabelita on Oct. 30th, 2010



Franklin on Oct. 30th 2010



The year is quickly coming to and end. Christmas is alive and well. The newspapers, and television are exploding with commercials of toys, jewelry and other enticing gifts..."Biggest Sale of the Season! This weekend only!!!!" It's overwhelming to see. Yes I wish I could buy presents for all the people in my life, my sister in Mexico and her little boy, my other little nieces and nephews, and their babies, my siblings, my mom and of course my own 2 little stinkers. I am going to stop and think about the things I do have, and not what I want, which, in the end I don't really need.
I am grateful that my kiddos are healthy and happy. What more can I ask for. I love the St. Jude commercials, "Give thanks for the healthy kids in your life." I also have an excess of good people in my life. I have my mom, who's taught me many important lessons. I have 9 siblings that are amazing. They are strong, beautiful in the inside, and ok, on the outside too. I have clothes to wear and a home to live in, that has heat to keep me warm in these cold days. I am one of the few people in the planet to own an automobile, so that if I need to go somewhere, I dont need to wait in the cold for a bus. The other thing I discovered I possess, is a good strong body and a functioning brain, and my 'chicken' heart. And finally I have a knowledge that there is a God who loves us. I've known that since I can remember, I also know that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Saviour. I feel God's love in the kindness of people around me. I have more than I deserve. I am grateful for it. I hope all who read this will have a happy Christmas, full of hope and joy. With Love, me, Sol.

No comments: