Thursday, July 1, 2010

Washington

June has been a busy month. On the first weekend of June, we took a road trip to Washington to go visit Uncle Nacho and go to my niece's high school graduation.  My oldest nephew, Alfredo took an even longer trip up there (driving) with his whole family to have his little baby baptized. I saw this trip as a mini family reunion since all my sister's children were going to be together for a little while. The trip was nice. On the way up Mr. Franklin 'tossed his cookies' which delayed the trip a bit longer.
It was so nice to see family and old acquaintances. There was lots of eating and lots of catching up.
Something somewhat miraculous happened to me just before I got into the car to head south to Idaho. On Saturday, I was chatting with Leno, I was admiring his cool ring and I even tried it on. That's all I remember. Later in the day I realized I wasnt wearing my own wedding band. My wedding band is so plain, white gold  no rocks nothing fancy but to me it's special. I looked in my pocket, nothing I looked in all my bags, I looked and looked in the lawn where I knew I last had it. Nothing. So the whole evening I was a bit sad that I lost my ring (*note I have lost that darn ring a good 5 times and everytime it turns up) This time however I gave it up for lost forever. So as I had the kids strapped in the car, I went to start the car and DEAD, the battery was old and it died every other week. I walked to some of friends  that were parked behind my car to ask them if they could help me by giving my car a jumpstart. They happily agreed. As I walked back to my car, looking to the ground, still bummed about losing my ring; I saw a perfect circle  about 3 centimeters from a big pile of sand/dirt. I reached down to see what it was and VOILA my ring. I screamed and jumped. People around thought I was drunk or crazy. I dont care. I was so happy to have found my special ring. I am going to take care of it a whole lot better. How's that for a miracle. Yeah!

No comments: