Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Ode to Walnut Grove

Walnut Grove is a beautiful small community south of Sacramento. This place is special to me because it houses a good bunch of people I love. Also, it was my home for a couple of years after I graduated high school.
 Walnut Grove is a farming area. The Sacramento River runs along the main road. On Thanksgiving weekend (2013), I decided to take a walk through this little town. This here sign is right by where I used to live. I wonder who painted this sign. It is hand painted. Just like the town, it is one of a kind!



My brothers painted this house in the mid 1990s. 



This is Walnut Grove's Presbyterian Church. Gustavo and Judy were married here. We had the best party here the evening of their wedding. We had "birria" and lots of other delicious foods. Judy's mom made the most beautiful wedding cake. The reception was both indoors and outdoors. The outdoors was decorated with white little lights. It was very elegant. I love this church!



 This is the Catholic Church: Saint Anthony's. This place is very symbolic in my Spiritual life. The building is very rustic and beautiful. I went into the building and it was quiet and peaceful. On a Saturday morning, there were about 5 people scattered throughout the serene chapel, just sitting and taking in the peace. some were praying, some just sitting there quietly. A very calm place of meditation.



This house is cool looking. It's a lighthouse house. There are calalillies on their yard. Very California-y.




History froze in my brother's backyard. I love this truck!








 This good looking guy is a loud goat. Charlie the goat is having himself a nice Thanksgiving hay dinner.


I had a great time in Walnut Grove. The weather was heavenly while we were there. My family there is very loving. A very excellent visit to Walnut Grove!









 

No comments: