Wednesday, September 7, 2011

We are fast approaching September 11th. I was living in Salt Lake City in 2001 on this date in history. My brother Danny and I had just gotten back from Washington; we went to go be with our older brother, and little brothers, our older brother got married the Saturday Sept. 7th, 2001. September 11th, 2001 was a dark day in the whole world.
 It's important to me to remember that day; the way I felt during the days that followed. I was very fortunate to have my brother living with me during that time, he was a great source of strength, also I had many good loving caring and honest friends during that time. Eventhough something horrendous had occurred, there seemed to be a spirit of love and friendship everywhere I went. People seemed more compasionate.
I hope that we all learn to be a better people. A better world.

1 comment:

Heatherlyn said...

My older kids and especially my younger kids really have NO idea what 9/11 was. We were watching a documentary on rebuilding the world trade centers and 9/11 on tv just about a week ago and the kids had no idea. What are they teaching them in public school anyway? I'm surprised they don't even spend a few minutes on it in school. I guess all of the really important education happens in the home. People need to remember that the US is as vulnerable as anywhere else and that as a country we need to be humble and compassionate, always.