Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Some of my Favorite Things

I saw this lovely post on my friend Gail's blog. She lists a few of her favorite things. So here I go.

************MY FAVORITES****************
  • To get us started off in this list are the expressions on my kids faces. Everyday they make me laugh. They amaze me in how smart they can be and also how much they are a part of me. What a blessing they are to me. I love the whole rest of my family. I am so happy to know that I belong to a very big group of wonderful people.
  • FOOD is perhaps my favorite thing in the world. I love to eat good food. I like trying new things, but in the end my biggest love, when it comes to food would have to be my "frijoles de la olla", tortillas de maiz, and chiles to spice up the life.

  • FLOWER GARDENS, there's something so fulfilling about seeing beauty come out of the ground to color your surroundings. Love it!

  • Basketball, I like you because when I play you, I have fun and dont even realize I am running back and forth as fast as I can. And after about an hour I look like ran a marathon.
  • I love a clean house. Is my house clean? No! But I still love a clean house. Nothing better than a clean fresh house to rest your tired body in....ahhh!
  • A clean house that smells good is also a great thing. So I like to have good smells in my house.
  • A full tank of gas. I really like that. The thought of being stranded without gasoline in the middle of nowehere is a bit terrifying for me.
  • I am mad about SUDOKU! I like to do a puzzle almost every night. I am working out my brain muscles, now if only I could be crazy about working out my gut's muscles.
  • I love to see kind people in action because it inspires me to try a little harder to make someone else's life more meaningful. Kindness is contagious, I really believe that!
  • For the last 2 or 3 years I have come to know the power of coupons! I love to stock up on stuff we need at about a third or less the cost of the product. I love my coupons!!!

  • And to end this post I will list a few t.v. shows that I love...
There's something heartwarming in discovering big talent...the auditions are also hilarious!
I'd like to solve the puzzle Pat! "I kick butt at Wheel of Fortune!"
Now, this is more like it, a real family...not like all the super fancy rich, problem free stereotypical sit-com families of the past.

This show is sooooo funny! Who's with me on this one?

And Finally one of the funniest movies of all time, Three Amigos! I love quoting lines from this movie. And others but this one is on the top 5.

3 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

You are a really neat person Sol. I love your favorite things post and the glimpse it provides into your personality!

Ackerman/Mejias Family said...

Sol, I do miss you!!! Thanks so much for sharing... I may not always comment, but I love your blog!
God bless you mija!

Sol said...

Gail, we have been watching American Idol and when jLo laughs, it's like I am hearing you laughing you both have a cool rich hearty laugh! **I hope you dont hate JLO, or else you might hate this :/ hope all the mission preparations are coming well and good.