Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

We decided to go to Zach's grandmother's house for Thanksgiving this year. She lives is the Preston area. Our family car had really bad tires, so I went to go get some new tires so as to not slip off the road on our way there. The weather is unusually cold in our area, and that means that Southeast Idaho is even worse. I started off at stupid Costco, there was a line of about 5 people in the tire department, when it was my turn, I was told by the guy there, (who was not very friendly) that for 2 tires it would be about 130, plus the install fee. And that the wait time was about 5 hours. So, off I went, across the street to Commercial Tire. The guy there was actually super friendly but that the waiting time would be 3-4 hours at the minimum. Then I went next door to Les Schwab...There were more people there than in an emergency room (a busy one :)). So feeling discouraged, I headed toward the office. At the corner of walk and dont walk, I looked to the right and saw a Big-O Tire. So I decided to try there also. There weren't very many people in there store, so I thought this would be the place we'd finally get the tires we so needed. The lady there told me there was a waiting time of about 3-4 hours. I told her, "well, I guess well have to rely on prayer to get us there safely" She told me to go to their store on State St. Thank goodness for that tip, we went there and got new tires in about 1.5 hours. Those tires were much needed because the road was pretty slippery. We saw a semitruck ran out of the freeway, it was carrying about 10 new cars. Zach said "That guy is pretty much fired by now". So following I will post some of the pics I took with my little phone. I really enjoyed Zach's family. Grandma Bennett is a real gem, because of her, there are many many many wonderful people in my life.
the view outside our car. It was blasted cold and oh so windy. brrrrrrrrrrr!

No comments: