Friday, October 15, 2010

Chicken Heart

I was once acused of having a chicken heart. A chicken heart,  not meaning I am a scaredy cat, but rather that any little sad or moving situation, makes me cry.
Last night I went to see a friend, I was gone for a total of 12minutes. When I got home I found my six year old crying like crazy. When I asked her what was going on, she said: "1st, I couldnt find you, and then my brother pushed me!" She was upset that she couldnt find me, her dad was in the garage and she didnt know that either. Anyhow, I just started crying right along with her. It was about 8:30 at night. Poor kid. I remember as a kid I always used to get lost in the big open markets in Mexico. At the realization of being all alone then, I felt as if the whole world was on my tiny shoulders. That's why when I found my kid so sad, I joined her in her grief! It only lasted for a good 3 minutes. Sometimes a girl just needs to release her 10 drops  of tears once in a while. So there. I have a chicken heart, tender like that!

1 comment:

Warner Family said...

I'm right there with you, I have a chicken heart too!