Monday, January 11, 2010

Last night I went to bed super late again. The house was a mess, like always. I didnt want to go to sleep and wake up to a mess of a house. So I got to work and finally settled down to sleep at 1 something a.m.
My dilemma is that during the day I have no motivation to clean the house, and somehow, at night (and this is not every night, just about 3 or 4 times a week) is when the inspiration comes to have a clean house. If I lay down without cleaning when the cleaning bug gets in me, I just lay there thinking and thinking and dont sleep until 2 or 3 a.m. I need to learn to delegate with my children, they are 5 and 2. and oh can they mess up a home in no time! They pull out stuff from the tv stand. They cover the entire floor with toys, clothes, shoes, papers, crayons, you name it, they bring it. So, I will keep on organizing and hopefully along the way my kids will learn to be tidy without me yelling at them.
I do believe that a neat home/environment invites clear thinking, creative thinking.
I have a friend who is a master at this. Her name is Gail M. She is an inspiration to me. Maybe she can send us some tips on how to tame wild children so the house will stay tidy.

No comments: