Saturday, July 26, 2008

Crazy Fun Busy

We have been having a crazy busy week here at our house. Our lovely niece returns home this weekend to Hawaii. We had a lot of fun making plays and reading library books by the dozens. This week we took family pictures at Sears, before that we went to movies at the fancy theater here in Boise. On Tues and Wed mornings the theater plays old children's movies for free they are really fun the only cost here is gasoline but it is worth getting out to see a movie on the big screen. After the movie, Paula (sister in law) and the kids and I,of course went to an all-u-can-handle-in-your-tummy pizza place it was ok. I needed to get something to wear for the picture and I must confess I am a horrible shopper. I dont know how to get clothes that look good but anyhow the blouse in the picture is new. We hurried back home to get gorgeous. I bathed my 2 babies and got them all dolled up. Jackie got her hair done with curls, thank you Paula. I left myself to the end to get ready, I put some make up on (I am not a make-up person) but you know, it was picture time so I made the effort. I dont like how I look in the picture but I think everyone else looks really good especially the 3 kids. That evening since we were all made up, we went to dinner and man it was good. The following day we went to a friend's house to swim, it was loads of fun there, the water in the pool was 88F nice. And on Friday, Bella and Jackie went ice skating. Our libraries host a summer reading program, they ask kids to read or be read to 20 minutes a day for 30 days, they get rewarded for that. One of the prizes was a pass to Ice World. Well, buy one get one free, which is still good. Jackie is very talented with swimming and ice skating. My little monkey on the other hand has not had lessons in either one of these sports but boy she will try anything and keep trying even if she falls. She is very brave. Dont we wish we could stay brave like little kids!? I know I do.

2 comments:

Carolyn Hart Bennett said...

Dilly,

Cute pictures! I love your blog, girlfriend!

See you soon.

Love,

Milly

Unknown said...

Hi Sol:

Wow, your blog is very well done and very cool. I have never ventured on to the blogosphere so your blog was the first I have ever taken a look at. I think your blog is beautiful. Very nice write up. Thanks for being so kind to Jackie.

Anna